Cold weather is creeping in as winter is starting to arrive. This also means snow days are ahead! We understand if you can’t make it into Mi Jalisco after the snow starts to hit this season. But it’s only fair we give you a recipe to make in the comfort of your own home! While we can’t give all our secrets from our own menu, this homemade recipe will be sure to hit the spot. And remember, when you search for “Mexican food near me,” be sure to choose Mi Jalisco!
- 4 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken
- Eight warmed flour tortillas (8-inch tortillas preferred)
- One diced Vidalia onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- Two cans of diced green chiles
- One 16 oz jar of salsa verde
- 3 cups of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- One tablespoon of canola oil
- ½ cup of freshly chopped cilantro
- One teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. While you wait for the oven to heat up, grab a 9 by 13 baking dish. You’ll want to lightly coat it with oil or a nonstick cooking spray of your choice.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat one tablespoon of the canola oil. Add the diced onion and cook until soft and translucent. Make sure to stir frequently.
- Once the diced onions are cooked through, add 3 cloves of minced garlic, cumin, and oregano. This should cook for at least one minute or until it’s fragrant.
- Once fragrant, remove from heat and add green chiles, and stir.
- For this step, you’ll need a large bowl to mix ingredients. Combine 4 cups of rotisserie chicken, cilantro, ⅓ cup of salsa verde, and 1 ½ cups of Monterey Jack cheese. You’ll also want to add in the green chile mixture. If you’d like to add salt and pepper to taste, you can, though this step is optional!
- Lay the warm tortillas flat on a plate or the counter. Add approximately ¾ of a cup of the mixture from the large bowl in the center of the tortilla. You’ll then want to roll the tortilla up and place it into the oiled baking dish. Make sure to remember to place tortillas seam-side down!
- Continue this process with the rest of the tortillas. Once finished, cover the tortillas with the rest of the salsa verde and shredded cheese.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings like sour cream, jalapeños, and fresh cilantro, and enjoy!
Searching Mexican Food Near Me? Come to Mi Jalisco!
When it isn’t snowing this winter, be sure to stop at Mi Jalisco for our authentic Mexican dishes to warm you right up. We have four locations to choose from, so rest assured we have an option closest to you. If you’re curious about what dishes we have to offer, we encourage you to check out our online menu! Until then, we can’t wait to see you!